About Plan India: Plan India, a member of Plan International Federation, is a nationally registered independent child development organization committed to creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children, their families and communities. For over 35 years, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children by providing them access to protection, basic education, proper healthcare, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India has a long term presence in ten states. During July 2015- June 2020, Plan India aims to reach two million children and youth through grassroots programmes and five million children and youth through evidence based advocacy initiatives.
Hygiene Programme: A clean institutions (health centres, Anganwadis and schools) has huge potential to create a cycle of opportunities, moreover, early years of a child’s life are very crucial as they lay the foundation to future learning and development and healthy hygiene routines last throughout their lives. Young children are fast learners, they adapt new behaviour more easily than adults, once capacitated they can challenge existing practices around them and can also lead to the adaption of new behaviour. Plan India believes in the potential of young children, have been promoting children as change agents on various health and hygiene related programmes and have successfully harvested the ripple effect of child led interventions.
Plan International-India Chapter, acknowledge the importance of realizing the human rights to food, water and sanitation to end poverty, eliminate inequalities and reach the SDGs. And children are the key to reach the objective hence, the proposed project will embed best practices of sanitation and hygiene into a habit among children, parents and community for improved improve health and nutritional outcomes for children, pregnant and lactating women.
The project goal is to strengthen the school hygiene programme to ensure better health and hygiene outcomes for mother and child. The project objective is institutional strengthening and building information, education and communication of children, young women and other key stakeholders to ensure better health and hygiene outcomes for mother and child.
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Project Manager would be responsible for the overall implementation of the approved project through the local state team. S/he will also have to work in close coordination with the line manager (as mentioned above) as well as the partners and the donor.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Develop micro-level activity planning for the project in adherence to the larger project design
- Effective, quality and timely implementation of activities laid down under the Project, develop detailed timeline for the activities
- Selection of project team members, orientation of project team and other stakeholders on the project
- Organize the Project activities as per the proposal and under the project deliverables
- Coordinate with the consultant and get the contents developed for training modules, IEC & communication materials, etc., for the campaign
Ensure pre and post coverage of the event under the project in consultation with local unit
- Preparatory work for carrying out activities of the project
Letter of support/ circular from the concerned department as per requirement
Ensure quality in workshop and event organized under the project
- Mobilize stakeholders for active participation in state level interventions
- Identify gaps in programming areas through field visits and monitoring data and propose workable solutions.
- Ensure quality control especially during training programs and health camps.
Liaison and Networking
- Liaison with officials and stakeholders at State and district level. Coordinate with all the stakeholders like State Govt., administration, Health professional, Health officials, medical officers, local unit and other stakeholders for effective implementation of the project.
- Liaison with technical consultant agency and communication consultant agency for project implementation
- Liaison with a research agency to undertake the research study
Program Monitoring and Support
- Track output of the intervention as per guideline of the program
Coordinate with different stakeholders for the effective implementation of the project
- Provide timely feedback for necessary action for effective implementation of the project
- Maintain a database of people with whom the coordinators have mobilized support locally (both government and private)
Reporting and Documentation
- Preparation of Monthly report about the progress of the project
- Documenting project experiences / learning / achievement / activities
- Respond to project lead for information related to result framework.
- Responsible for preparing document for district, and state level interventions
- Monitoring and reporting the performance of the Program and staff to Programme Management Unit at Delhi
Administrative and Financial Functions
- All reports to be sent to the Senior Technical Advisor based at Plan’s national office in Delhi
- Ensure transparency and accountability of project funds in project delivery
- Undertake audits as required
- Follow up of the effective implementation of proposed interventions.
Build and manage local partnership to ensure synergies with other actors and see that they are maximized and local resource are effectively leveraged.
- Supervise internal Admin and finance.
- Documentation of progress and developing donor reports
Any other specific task assigned by the Plan India Country Office to achieve the project objectives
- Monthly report in specified electronic format submitted to the Reporting Manager
- Monthly progress report will cover the activities performed, and the outcomes against planned activities and indicators, key accomplishments, problems identified and solutions worked/ proposed.
- Preparation of relevant document of activities specific for effective intervention including all the information with coverage and snaps
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicant must possess graduation in engineering/ statistics with Master’s in Business Administration/ Rural Development / Management or equivalent from a reputed and recognized institute in India or globally accredited equivalent.
- He/ She must have 4- 5 years of experience of managing large and complex projects, especially on health, nutrition and WASH with national or international development agencies, preferably health and hygiene programmes
- Experience in managing multi- year projects supported by bilateral or multilateral agency
- Prior experience in working on CSR projects of corporates desired
Prior exposure to understanding the result based management of non-profit projects
- S/he should have capacity to communicate with various player at senior levels and an ability to negotiate in a multicultural environment.
- S/He should be familiar with techniques of monitoring and evaluation of large programs.
- S/He will possess good team work abilities and the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- S/he will have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, preferably conversant with local language (Hindi).
- Ability to lead and manage a team of individuals with diverse expertise
- Ability to plan conceptualize and deliver effective projects
- Willingness to travel extensively in including rural and tribal areas
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT
Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (Word Format only) for the position of ‘Project Manager’ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ‘Project Manager’ in the subject line. Please mention your current compensation details and expectations in your application.
Last date for sending applications is 15th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.